Saturday, July 21, 2012

First time selling at a convention, what a blast!

I've been going to Connecticon for years now, 10 to be exact. I remember when it was held at the University of Hartford and the dealers room had all of 4-6 vendors; when I would walk across the long bridge holding my breath to see if I could have done what Chihiro couldn't do in Spirited Away. I still even have all of my badges! Almost all of those years I have gone as a Con-goer, enjoying the panels, workshops, main events, Dealers Room and of course, the Artist's Alley.

Last year was the first deviation from the norm when I went to explicitly help my friend sell her wares in  Artist's Alley. It was a lot of fun to have a place to hang out and talk with customers when I had run out of stuff to do at the con. I know, I know, there is always something to do at an Anime convention; but I'm getting past the age of attending conventions like that for fun. And it starts becoming a little awkward when you've been watching Anime longer then 3/4 of the con-goers have been alive.

This year was at CTCon the biggest step not only for myself but for my business, I was selling my own critters in the Artist's Colony! It was a little harrowing, and a decent bit of sleep and sanity was lost, but it was worth it! I had so much fun talking with people and even enticing some to come and play with my cute crochet creations ;)


Sadly I didn't have a table cloth for my booth due to dashed expectations and some communication errors, but there will be an awesome one for next year! I even made the banner with my handy dandy Cricut Machine.

There were some con only critters present too, such as the first introduction of the Pluffs!


Also making their introduction for the first time, but are not con only critters where some really, really cute Angel's and Devil's!






All of these awesome pictures were taken my wonderful and amazing assistant, Bob, who is a girl.

I'm going to do everything in my power to sell at CTcon again next year, and will hopefully have some new critters too! Should the fates continue to smile on me, I may be at Anime Boston in 2013 too!

~Koda

No comments:

Post a Comment